Planning your dream wedding and feeling lost in the sea of videographers? Or not even sure where to start? Don’t fret, lovelies! I’ve got your back! From my personal and professional experience, here’s a cheat sheet to navigate those first chats with potential videographers!
Don’t stress if you’re unsure what to ask! That’s what we’re here for! I’ve rounded up all the essential questions to make sure you and your videographer-to-be are a match made in wedding heaven!
From style to vision and every detail in between, these questions are your secret weapon to find THE one who gets your dream wedding vision!
1. Is a 2nd Shooter included? If not, how much is that to add-on?
2. Do you give us a short teaser after the wedding? How soon?
3. How are your packages broken down? Is it by hours of coverage?
4. What kind of coverage would YOU recommend for our wedding? (Explain your wishes for your big day like guest count, bridal party size, if you’re doing a first look, ideal ceremony time, etc.)
5. Can we add additional coverage as we get closer to the wedding?
6. How much is each additional hour?
7. How long (on average) are your wedding films?
8. How do we go about picking music in the film? Is that something you do for us?
9. Do you have a drone? Is that extra?
10. How long does it usually take to receive our full wedding film?
11. Do you specialize in posed, traditional captures or more candid, documentary or cinematic style?
12. Do you offer products such as custom USBs or video albums?
13. How would YOU describe your video style?
14. Do you tend to keep audio from the wedding day incorporated in the video or is it more music-focused?
15. Could you record our ceremony start-to-finish if we wanted you to? How much more $$ would that cost?
16. Can we see a full wedding film from a previous wedding?
17. Do you sell any raw footage or documentary style films?
18. Is there an option to add-on a social media edit or vertical video? (for IG stories, reels, TikTok etc.)
19. How will we receive our wedding film(s)?
20. Do you have any vendors you love working with in our area?
Asking the right questions will ensure that you and your soon-to-be videographer are on the same page and are a perfect match!